Date: July 8, 2018
Time: 7:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Location: Riverside Boat Club, 769 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
For updated information on this year’s Cromwell Cup please follow us on Twitter and use the official hashtag, #CromwellCup, on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Heat sheets for 2018 are now posted here
Live results are available on HereNow
Regular registration will be live until Sunday, July 1 on Regatta Central. Entry spots are limited, but late registration may be available for a fee at the discretion of the regatta director.
For more information, please visit:
About Cromwell Cup
Riverside Boat Club is proud to host the 15th-annual Cromwell Cup regatta, set to take place on Sunday, July 8, 2018 at Riverside’s boathouse in Cambridge, MA, along the Charles River and Memorial Drive. An all-day event, the Cromwell Cup is the largest summer regatta on the Charles River, with well-over 600 competitors of all ages (16 through 70+) and skill levels participating annually. Named after RBC member and 1964 Olympian Seymour Cromwell, the Cromwell Cup is a 1000-meter rowing race between Weeks Bridge and Magazine Beach on the Charles River. The event is run entirely by Riverside volunteers and encourages friendly competition on the Charles River and promotes awareness of rowing in the Boston-Cambridge communities.
Number of Athletes: 600+ men and women athletes from all over New England and the Mid-Atlantic. Ages 16-70+ years old.
Short Term Goals
- Continue support of the local rowing community by offering competitive events
- Raise awareness of Riverside’s past and present role in the (onshore) local community
- Improve the physical structures that foster this active community
Long Term Goals
- Invest in the future growth and success of the Cromwell Cup Regatta
- Maintain Riverside as a training center for aspiring U.S. National Team athletes
- Engage the Cambridge community in a family-friendly event that promotes a healthy lifestyle
Don’t forget to reserve your trailer’s parking spot! E-mail cromwellcup(at)gmail(dot)com to RSVP – space is limited.
Contact Information – Regatta Director
For questions, please contact Ashley Amos at cromwellcup(at)gmail(dot)com