On September 9-16, five current members of the Riverside High Performance Group competed at the 2018 World Rowing Championships in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Kevin Meador raced in the Open Men’s Single, placing 2nd in the D Final.
- The US Lightweight Women’s Pair was comprised of Riverside athletes Jillian Zieff and Jen Sager, coached by Andrew Hashway and placed 2nd in the A Final.
- Hillary Saeger raced in the Lightweight Women’s Quadruple Sculls and placed 4th in the A Final.
- Sam Hausmann raced in the Lightweight Men’s Quadruple Sculls and placed 4th in the B Final.
Five High Performance Group Alumni also competed.
- Emily Huelskamp, Elizabeth Sonshine, and Mo McAuliffe accounted for three of the members of the Open Women’s Quadruple Sculls crew and placed 6th in the A Final.
- Peter Schmidt raced in the Lightweight Men’s Double and came in 1st in the E Final.
- David Smith raced in the Lightweight Men’s Pair and came in 3rd in the A Final.