The Riverside Women’s Sweep team consists of open, lightweight and master rowers and coxswains with competitive training and racing goals. All members must have prior competitive rowing experience. Accepted participants will have a 2-week trial period during which they will be evaluated by the coach.
Practices consist of 4’s and 8’s, along with technical work in pairs. Additionally, club sculling equipment is available for use (bowing sculling boats requires passing the RBC Captain’s test). Commitment to the team’s practices and training program is required. We attend local, regional, and national regattas.
The women’s sweep team offers a summer program for competitive collegiate or recently graduated (U23) rowers and coxwains. The summer program at Riverside will provide a structured program for rowers to train competitively and race against top competition. For rowers, the benchmark 2k score is under 7:20.
The summer program will start in early June and go through Canadian Henley in August. Each applicant’s availability for the races and practices will also factor into whether or not they will be a good fit for our U23 program. Summer membership does not include transportation to/from races, regatta fees, housing, or other potential fees. More detailed membership costs will be sent following application submission.
Summer applications are now being accepted, with a deadline of April 15, 2019. Applicants will be notified of acceptance status by May 1, 2019.
- $1650 for rowers ($250 deposit + $1400 dues)
- $1050 for coxswains ($250 deposit + $800 dues)
- Club summer membership
- Regatta housing (IDR and Canadian Henley)
- Regatta entry fees (IDR and Canadian Henley)
- Regatta trailer fees (IDR and Canadian Henley)
- Racing unisuit or other club gear
- May 15: $250 Deposit plus 50% of dues must be paid to reserve a place in the program
- June 15: 100% of dues must be paid
Saturday 6-8 or 8-10 am
*Subject to change. Additional off-the-water training required.
2019 Regatta Schedule
- June 28-30, Independence Day Regatta, Philadelphia, PA
- July 7, Cromwell Cup, Cambridge, MA
- August 6-11, Royal Canadian Henley Regatta, St. Catherine’s, Ontario; (End of summer program)
- TBD, Textile River Regatta, Lowell, MA*
- October 19-20, Head of the Charles, Cambridge, MA