Not sure which club on the Charles to join? Prior to joining check out our FAQs and our basic requirements of all members who join RBC:
How to Join
- Submit an online membership application (link below). This is sent to Riverside’s Vice President and Membership Committee.
- Attend a 45-minute orientation meeting that provides an overview of the club programs and services and discusses what is expected of members. A Membership Committee member will schedule an orientation with you after you complete step 1.
- Attend a Membership Committee meeting to learn more about the club’s day-to-day operations and be cleared for membership. Pay your dues and get a key fob. At this point, you temporarily have access to all facilities and equipment, but you are not a provisional member until you complete steps 4 and 5. When possible, we try to schedule the orientation and Membership Committee meeting back-to-back.
- Participate in a work party. Riverside depends on its members to clean, garden, wash boats, and perform routine boathouse maintenance. The best way to meet other members is to roll up your sleeves and get to work! It is mandatory that you participate in a work party prior to standing up for membership in step 5. Work party dates will be available at orientation.
- Come to the next general membership meeting to be formally voted in by the membership. The general membership meetings are held on Tuesday evenings March, June, September, and November. Check the RBC calendar either at that link or on the homepage for exact dates & times. Please note, this step needs to be completed by the 2nd quarterly meeting following clearance by the Membership Committee or your membership may be suspended.