Regular boat maintenance is required for an operational fleet and the membership plays an integral part in the upkeep of the boats that they use on a regular basis.
- Look for monthly maintenance individual and team assignments.
- Launches will be washed and whitened once a year.
- Fill out a boat maintenance form for each boat.
- Wash boats with Simple Green and water using soft sponges.
- Use a thin coat of wax , buff until shiny.
- Do not use any WD-40 or other oil to clean the tracks.
- Do not use any abrasives or scrubbies on any part of the boats.
Once a year only, use boat whitener
- Remove riggers
- Wash boat with simple green
- Apply a thin coat of whitener, wait, rinse well
- Apply a thin coat of wax, buff with a clean dry cloth until shiny
- Replace rigger ball covers and put away.
**Do not use whiteners on Resolutes or any non-white boats.**